Sunday, February 20, 2011

I *need* a clean out the pantry challenge.

For the past few weeks I have been following the Living Rich With Coupons site and getting a lot of incredible deals. The only problem to this is that now I have way too much food in my pantry and freezer. Granted, nearly all of this food was for free or nearly free so it was just "too hard to pass up". However, I feel that the excitement of chasing the deals is a bit more of an encouragement than the need to actually have all of this stuff. So, I think I am going to start my own clean out the pantry challenge and see how much money we can save while we reduce our stockpiles a bit.

This is an example of what I mean:


That is also not including an extra 1 case of tomatoes and 4 cases of beans that are in my hallway. Plus, let us not even get started on the fact that somehow I have ended up buying 10 tubes of the deodorant I use.

So, now the next step that I think I need to do is actually menu plan for the upcoming week. I think this will end up being the first menu plan that I share at Menu Plan Monday. I am very excited!
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment